Immigration to Quebec from India
Immigration to Quebec from India has become easier than before.
Quebec Immigration – Skilled Worker Program
Professionals who intend to reside in Montreal or in any other region in the Quebec province are judged under a different system than applicants who wish to settle in other regions of Canada. This is done by a program introduced by the government of Quebec known as Quebec Skilled Worker Program (QSWP).
Candidates applying for immigration to Canada through the QSWP since 2016, must use these cure space Mon projet Quebec in order to submit an application.
Mon projet Québec allows candidates to complete their application for a CSQ, make their payments online, follow the status of their application, make changes to their application and access the personal electronic messaging throughout the process.
Quebec Skilled Worker Eligibility
Applicants, who match the criteria of Regular Skilled Worker Programme, are issued with a Quebec Selection Certificate, which is then followed by providing them with a Canadian Permanent ResidentVisa (PR Visa). Though applicants under this program are assessed differently than those for the Federal Skilled Worker Class, the government of Canada acknowledges Quebec’s selection of applicants by issuing permanent resident visas to successful applicants only after the successful completion of both medical and criminality background checks.
To get qualified for a CSQ, one must score enough points under the Quebec Immigration selection system. At least 49 points must be scored by a single applicant based on this system, while at least 57 points must be scored by an applicant with a spouse or common-law partner.
The Quebec Immigration selection factors may be briefed as following points:
- Education Up to 14 points (Cut off is 2 points)
- Area of Training Up to 16 points
- Validated Employment Offer Up to 10 points
- Work Experience Up to 8 points
- Age Up to 16 points
- Language Proficiency Up to 22 points
- Stay And Family In Quebec Up to 8 points
- Spouse/Common-law partner Characteristics Up to 17 points
- Presence Of Accompanying Children Up to 8 points
- Financial Self-Sufficiency 1 point
Documents required (most of them) in order to apply for the Quebec Skilled Worker Program must be certified true copies. Language test results have to be submitted along with the immigration application. Then only points can be awarded for the language proficiency. After that, the applicant should successfully complete their medical and security examinations, which are conducted by the Canadian government.
Applicants for Quebec Skilled Workers are not assessed in the same way as above. Citizenship and Immigration for Canada acknowledges the selection of applicants who meet the current criteria of the Quebec immigration.
Your 9-step feet to Quebec!
- Find out about Quebec
- Evaluate your chances of being selected by Quebec online
- Know the conditions of the Regular Skilled Worker Program.
- What to do before completing your official immigration application
- Submit an official immigration application under Mon projet Quebec
- Submit an application for permanent residence to the Government of Canada.
- Prepare before your departure for Quebec
- Proceed to Quebec’s reception service at the Montreal airport
- Take steps to successfully integrate into Quebec